1866 1199 988
Wuxi Mandarin Education School
"预订" and "预定" both indicate that something has been decided beforehand, but the specific usage is different.
"预订" means pre-ordering, subscribing, renting, etc. For example:
(1) I went to the grocery store yesterday and ordered a cake.
(2) Tomorrow is the closing ceremony of the meeting. He has booked two tables in the hotel.
(3) Lao Li booked us three air tickets.
(4) Now you can go to the post office and book next year's Reference News.
(5) You go to a nearby hotel and reserve five rooms for these guests.
"预定" means pre-stipulation or agreement. For example:
(6) The experiment will be conducted on a scheduled date.
(7) The helicopter landed at the designated place in the disaster area at noon today to pick up the wounded and sick.
(8) Let's carry out this work according to the scheduled plan.
(9) In this Games, all the events are carried out according to the scheduled procedure.
(10) It is our target to achieve new breakthroughs in independent innovation this year.
From the perspective of the target of words, "预订" is generally related to money transactions, while "预定" is related to time, plan, plan, goal, location, etc. Therefore, the formulation of the "scheduled plan" you mentioned is standard.
Here are some examples ofmisuse:
(11) The tour group was scheduled to leave on Tuesday, but was delayed for two days due to weather. (Applying "预定")
(12) The City Post Office has now begun to book newspapers and periodicals for next year. (Apply 预订)
(13) The matter is scheduled for a meeting in the middle of next month. (Applying "预定")